What to Bring/What NOT to Bring
When you are preparing for a hospital visit, remember that most of your needs will be taken care of by the hospital. This includes food, hospital gowns and toiletries. Below is a short list we’ve put together of essentials you need to bring along with you, plus a few items you should NOT bring with you.
Items to bring with you to the hospital:
- A list of all medications you are currently taking, including over-the-counter medications and herbal supplements
- Labs, X-rays and other results completed recently by another healthcare provider
- Protective cases for glasses, dentures or contact lenses
- Insurance card
- Valid ID
- Form of payment
- A copy of your Advance Directive (ex: Living Will)
- Footwear, sleepwear and other personal items you might need for overnight stays
Items you should leave at home:
- Valuables like jewelry(wedding ring) or cash
- Electrical devices like Cell Phones, TVs or radios
- Tobacco products, alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
Good Samaritan Medical Center is a smoke free campus.