Our team of radiologists are able to perform a variety of diagnostic services and treatment modalities to improve the function, reduce pain and improve the outcomes of our patients.
These include the following:
- Intrathecal Chemotherapy
- Lumbar Punctures
- Pain Management
- Specialized Radiology Procedures
Vertebral Compression Fractures: This is a treatment for loss of vertebral bone and compression fractures due to osteoporosis from any cause.
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty are minimally invasive procedures for the treatment of vertebral compression fractures (VCF), which are fractures involving the vertebral bodies that make up the spinal column.
- When a vertebral body fractures, the usual rectangular shape of the bone becomes compressed, causing pain. These compression fractures may involve the collapse of one or more vertebrae in the spine and are a common result of osteoporosis.
- Osteoporosis is a disease that results in a loss of normal bone density, mass and strength, leading to a condition in which bones are increasingly porous, and vulnerable to breaking. Vertebrae may also become weakened by cancer.
- In vertebroplasty, physicians use image guidance to inject a cement mixture into the fractured bone through a hollow needle. In kyphohplasty, a balloon is first inserted into the fractured bone through the hollow needle to create a cavity or space. The cement is injected into the cavity once the balloon is removed.
To schedule an appointment or for more information, please call 561-650-6023.